Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Nerves and Diet

Since becoming a mom I have turned into a nervous ninny.  I am constantly worried about the safety of my children.  When Molly has been asleep for longer than I feel, I dart in the room to make sure she's still breathing. Before unloading Mark somewhere, my palms sweat just thinking about him darting in front of a car.  These thoughts flood me sometimes at night when I can't sleep. Its then and many other times I have to pray so hard to get those thoughts out of my noggin.  I want to enjoy being a mom and SAVOR every moment of Mark and Molly. Especially when they are this little...they will never be this little again.  More often than not the good Lord will ease my fear in the moment and I can picture in my mind Mark and Molly thriving as adults. One can only get so lucky!  I know disappointment and heartbreak will come but for now I can be nothing but thankful for God's continual safety of my kids. They are precious to my heart! Ok, that just got deep. Didn't mean to get all emo on y'all, I just could help myself!

On a lighter note, I so wish there was a diet that consisted of bread, butter, jelly, and the entire pastry display at Panera.  If there is one out there and I'm missing something please let me know ASAP.  I took spin on Monday and worked out with a trainer on Tuesday. Wednesday I bought some new clothes. Nothing like a little shopping to boost your confidence a little. I've got a long way to go but I'm taking it day by day and at each meal making a conscious effort to eat well. Why is it so easy to gain but not as easy to lose? Is lap-band the answer? Now, I'm being dramatic.

Thanks so much for reading my midnight rambles! Side notes- Big thanks to Mrs. Biggs and Lan Reed John for introducing me to Honey Boo Boo, who now has her own show on TLC and if you're in the dumps...Honey Boo Boo and family are sure to make you smile.
http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/here-comes-honey-boo-boo

Stay positive (even though its not always easy)-KPOP

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I am so neurotic about Harper's safety. I would tell you about the daymares I have about all the things that could go horrifically, tragically wrong at Mother's Day Out, but I'm too embarrassed. And you know I, of all people, do NOT embarrass easily. They're THAT bad. So you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete