Friday, August 24, 2012

Heart felt shout out 2

This weeks heart felt shout out goes to Brandi Kaufmann.  Brandi Kaufmann and I have way more in common now then I'm sure she ever thought we would.  You, see Brandi didn't like me at first. At all.  She thought I was loud and obnoxious, which I am but I am also other things.  We were introduced by our friend Misty (a shout out for another week).  It took Mrs. Kaufmann to warm up to me.  When I got to know her I thought she had it all.  She was already married and had been for 4 years, she could cook, her house was clean, she had all her pictures organized on her computer, she had a big comfy bed, and her laundry was always hanging in their laundry room. She and her husband, Andrew, also known as Krusty, always had a project they were working on.  Texturing walls, building who knows what.  They also liked to have the latest technology.  We would be up for hours playing Dance Dance Revolution.  They had DVD'S that weren't even out in the theater yet and good cable.  While Brandi was pregnant with her first baby, Aiden, she got into making these fleece blankets that were tied in knots all the way around the edges.  She made one for my Molly girl.

 She is smart and so fun once you get to know her.  She's an excellent wife and mom.  She's a runner and a Sugarland lover.  She cares for other people.  She loves to watch tennis.  She has to "shake it off" when she's had too much to drink.  She has the longest leg you have ever seen.  She was one of my only friends to come visit me in Colorado.  She likes her hair to be dark in the winter and lighter it in the summer.  She always regrets getting her hair cut short. She cooks with deer meat and likes to pretend its cow.  She is trustworthy.  She is so easy to be friends with.  Don't you feel like you want to be her friend now too?

I met her when I was at a crossroads in my life.  I was failing classes and making poor decisions.  She encouraged me to be better...I envied her life!  I will forever be grateful for her friendship.  It has been so cool watching our friendship strengthen as I've gotten married and had kids.  I will always make time for her.  It's an unlikely friendship, but goodness, I'm so thankful for that Brandi Kaufmann!

Brandi, Krusty, Aiden, and Evan at Mark's birthday party a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment