Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Nap Time, Doctors visits/haircuts, and Randall

I look forward to nap time.  The time of day where I hopefully can put both kids to sleep at the same time (at least for an hour).  Usually during this time I tell myself that I'm going to do something super productive like clean, do laundry, or get dinner ready. This rarely happens. Depending on the amount of sleep I've gotten, I either...take a nap, look at Pinterest projects that I will never do, do some unnecessary snacking, Facebook, watch episodes of the Real World online (so Mike won't make fun of me for still watching it and being almost 30), and think about all the productive things I should be doing.  I love you nap time, even though I could make better use of you.

Mark Popino LOVES many things, such as waving to strangers, shoving his sisters paci in her mouth, dogs, swimming, cake, screaming contests (I always win, amateur).  There are two things Mark Popino hates...hair cuts and doctors offices. Witness exhibit a:
It is tragic every time we go get his little hair cut, that is always why I wait until he looks like Joe Dirt to go get it done.  Also, this morning we went to go see sweet Dr. Starnes for Mark's two year check-up. Um, no. I had to carry him back there and as soon as the doctor came in he picked up his shoes, pointed to the door and said "bye-bye" he wasn't having any of it.  All this to say, I hate making Mark do things that I know are best for him. Sweet little nugget will get to make those decisions someday.  But for now, I am happy to make them for him. My baby boy.

Lastly, I'd like to give a heart felt shout out to my friend Amelia "Randall" Freeman who I met my freshman year of college and we have been making bad decisions together since 2002.  Since we have moved back Randall (Amelia) and I have gotten to meet once a week for a girls lunch!  This typically includes mexican food and a skinny margarita!  We reminisce about old boyfriends, college parties, and regretful experiences...that we wouldn't trade for anything.  I've told told her that she's more like a sister than a friend.  We can fight and not talk for a while and still pick right back up like nothing ever happened. Aren't we grateful for people like that?  I can't wait to watch her become a wife and mother because she will rock at that just like she has done as a kindergarten teacher!  What am I going to do when you go back to work? I guess I'll have to sit at Chuy's and talk to myself!

Me and Amelia in the fall of 2008!  I must upload my college pics...then I'll have so much more to blog about.

Stay Positive- KPOP


1 comment: