Saturday, August 4, 2012

MARK

This post is going to be freakishly easy to write.  I can go on and on about my kids because I truly do think they're fantastic in every sense of the word.  This one is going to be about our first born, Mark.

Mike and I knew we always were going to have kids, multiple kids.  It was October of 2009 and we were on our way home from Cabo San Lucas and we were having the "kids" discussion.  We had been married for a year and a half and we both agreed that after our next vacation in 2010 we would "try".  I was excited knowing that "trying" was in our near future.  I was pregnant 3 weeks later.  HA!  Now, here is fact, I didn't know I was pregnant with him until February. How is this possible you ask? Well, I wasn't sick I was never nauseous and the birth control I was on made me not have a period.  I had gained maybe 5 pounds and at the time I was working out with a trainer.  Mike and I joke now because he thought I wasn't taken my personal training sessions seriously!

So there we were sitting in the Ale House in Grand Junction, Colorado and all of a sudden I got this uncontrolled need to hurl but I couldn't. I thought to myself, what if I'm pregnant? Could it be? Mike told me not to waste our money on pregnancy tests.  On my way back to my super exciting job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car I picked up a couple of tests and took one in the bathroom at my office. Before I could even pull my pants back up there was a very clear PLUS sign staring right back at me. Holy crap. No freaking way. I told my boss I had an emergency and left work and met Mike who was in disbelief.  He made me take another one right on front of him but that wasn't good enough. We went to the doctor that afternoon that confirmed it. We were indeed with child!

That was on a Friday and our sonogram was scheduled for Tuesday. Tuesday rolls around and we are guessing how far along we were.  I said, "I bet I'm 6 weeks".  Mike said he was going out on a limb and guessed 9 week. So we get back to the ultrasound room not knowing what to expect.  The lady puts some gel on my stomach...then the camera thingy...DAMN GINA, there was a full on baby in there! Head, arms, legs, every thing! Mike and I couldn't speak it was just so shocking, I was 14 weeks a long and OH, by the way...I see a pecker! So pregnant, 14 weeks along, and a boy. So there Mike and I were...A thousand miles a way form both our families expecting our first baby boy!

He was born on August 2nd.  4:54am, 7LBS 10oz, 21 1/2 inches long.  With dark hair and blue eyes. Mark James Popino turned out to be the greatest gift we could have ever received. Mike and I loved him instantly and he has continued to fill up our love tank daily (Like that OC housewives reference?).

He is smart, and loud.  Such a little lover and snuggler when he wants to be.  He loves to swim, take baths, and naps.  He's not a good eater even though we try so hard.  He loves sweets and coke. When he is scared he always calls for Mike, not me. He's obsessed with dogs and likes to watch videos on his iPad of the wiggles.  He loves to go to mother's day out and insists on carrying his backpack and lunch box himself.  He can concentrate when he is working diligently on a puzzle or stringing beads. He's silly too...likes to act like he's going to get you or try to scare you.  I look at him and I love him so much I just want to squeeze his little guts. Shine on Mark James, 2 looks good on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment