Sunday, August 19, 2012

Asthma and Rambles

On Thursday night Mark could not  get settled, he had a horrible cough.  When he woke up Friday I noticed he was wheezing and taking short breaths.  If you've known me for any length of time you know how bad I've struggled with my asthma. Breathing treatments, countless inhalors, steroids, and trips to the hospital were very common in my childhood and it has been one of the fears I have for my own kids.  I took Mark to go see sweet Dr. Starnes, again. She gave him a breathing treatment and prescribed him some meds to help with his cough and his upper respitory gunk.  She told us to give him breathing treatments every 4 hours, well, by the time we got home he was wheezing AGAIN. Gave him a treatment and I didn't see any improvement and its not like you can tell a 2 year old to be still so they can breath.  I could wait to give him another treatment so I did...and still no improvement.  I got into panic mode and called the doctor who sent us to Children's Medical City Plano.  There he got yet another breathing treatment and steroids and the doctor told us we would probably stay overnight.  NIGHTMARE.  Mark took a nap with me in the hospital bed with him and slept for an hour.  They came in to check his breathing every 15 minutes.  When he woke up his chest and lungs were all clear and he was breathing like a little champion!  The doctor informed us they he most likely has allergy induced asthma and said that most kids grow out of it. Music to my ears. We got to go home too!  I HOPE HOPE HOPE he grows out of it. Little peach. I know you moms can totally relate when I say that it is pure torture seeing your child sick or in any kind of pain. Its awful but he's better now and is back to his maniac self.

We finally have a closing date on the new Popino family dwelling space. I am pee my pants excited!  I hope Mr. Popino is ready to let me shop for the new digs.  First item to be purchased, something super classy like a Coors Light sign for the entry way...and also a new fridge. September 14th please hurry because my mother just put a coaster under the coke I'm drinking. Special.

I made breakfast sandwiches on Saturday, we stalked the new house, and went to Mckinney trades day.  I haven't been in years but boy did we find some treasures!  Nothing purchased but I saw a few things I'd like to get for the game room, a kids sized picnic table, swoon. Mike and I got a date night last night and we shared it with our friends! We went to Cyclone Aniya's for some margs and fajitas then headed over to Dodies to watch the pre-season game.  We had a darn good time, it was a much needed night out!

Mike is headed to Midland this week, Mark's church camp is over and Mother's day out doesn't start until September 4th so we are free birds.  We will hit up the gym and hopefully schedule a few playdates...SOOO let me know if you want to hang, the forecast looks super appealing!

Stay positive- KPOP


No comments:

Post a Comment