Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Thank-you, October.

OK, so we've ben on our trip, close on our house tomorrow, and move next Monday/Tuesday.  So much going on!  October just happened to be a fantastic month.

The trip was an absolute BLAST!  Nice adult alone time where I didn't have to share anything off my plate or in my cup for 5 whole days.  It was nice to be with just my baby daddy. The food was delish and the drinks were divine!  The beach in the Dominican was unbeatable.  The water was perfectly clear and the sand had a pink tint.  Hope our next vacay comes sooner rather than later! OH, and also, NOT DURING HURRICANE SEASON :)


Tomorrow, we are closing on our house in Midland, TX. Which I have lovingly named our "West Texas Palace".  This is the second house we have closed on this year.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...I hope we are in this one longer than 4 months.  I'm excited about this house...to decorate and to get our kids all settled.  TWO things that need to happen ASAP...paci has gotta go and potty training will commence! If you live in Midland or in the surrounding areas I am now taking applications for best friends. THANKS!


Today I was brought to tears (which isn't hard), but still.  Surprisingly, in the 5 months we've lived with my parents I have become close to 2 of my parents neighbors, Amanda and Pam.  They both have two kids. Each two precious girls.  I've enjoyed getting to know their sweet hearts and irreplaceable personalities!  Pam texted me to check outside the front door.  I was already feeling fragile because I woke up missing Michael Popino terribly.  There was a wrapped package and inside was...
My motto, framed just for me.  How thoughtful. I will miss my hippy chick friend so much!

Today was Halloween.  I don't know if it is healthy for a two year old to enjoy this holiday as much as mine did.  First of all, his costume has been his outfit of choice since it has been purchased.  He can't go anywhere without the hat.  He was a champ at knocking on doors and trying to go into everyone's house.  He picked out a Mickey Mouse trick-or-treat bucket and insisted on carrying it the whole time.  Molly Jean didn't last long...my little sunflower is very strict about her bedtime. What a diva. All and all Halloween was a success.  By 6 Mike had already sent me 4 texts for costume pics. I know he hates missing all the hoopla as much as we do. 






Now, a Honey Boo Boo marathon is on TV.  I'm about to call it a night.  Tomorrow Molly Jean has her 6 month check-up and I have GOT to make it to the grocery store.  PS- Honey Boo Boo's mom, just said she's not the most "beautemous"(pronounced- beaut-ti-mous) out of the bunch....

Um, not to be ugly (no pun intended), I agree.




2 comments:

  1. Girl, I miss you so much! Your attitude is an inspiration to me. Somebody moves my cheese and I'm homicidal for a WEEK.

    Your kiddos are just too adorable. That little cowboy hat is killing me.

    Now let's talk about that cute bathing suit (and how amazing you look in after having a kid, like, six months ago). From whence did it come?

    ReplyDelete