Thursday, November 15, 2012

West Texas Freak show

Midland is a freak show. That's fo sho.  Seriously.  This place is a madhouse and you have to experience it to know what I'm talking about.

 Here are just a few examples of the business of this crazy place called Midland.  Everywhere you go shopping is crowded and I'm talking like, "Is it black Friday??" crowded.  People are everywhere yanking things off shelves like its the zombie apocolypse.  The shelves can't stay stocked to keep up with the demand of the place.  Over the weekend, Wal Mart, yes,WAL MART was out of 409.  Sad.  The lines here are out of control.  It takes forever to do anything and check-out of anywhere.  I haven't even had a Starbucks yet because every time I drive by the line is wrapped around the building. Really Sad.  When you ask people for recommendations for pediatricians, doctors, dentists, ect...they will tell you the best one followed by, "...but they aren't taking new patients". Tragic.  I called 8 different churches before I could find one that would take both my little trophies for Mother's Day Out! Thank you, Christ Church Midland.  (I did, in fact, find my bambinos a pediatrician today!)

A few other tidbits about our new home: My allergies were not prepared for this climate.  ohmygawd. They are horrible!  I need to get on some kind of medicine regimen stat or I will forever sound like the person on the other end of Charlie Brown's phone. WHOMP.  After all, scratch that, MOST of our stuff arrived out of storage ( some kitchen appliances and a kitchen table chair were casualties ) we decided to have a garage sale of all the stuff that we weren't going to use in this house.  We had a lot of furniture and I sold a lot of baby boy stuff in hopes that when (if) baby pop #3 comes, she is a girl.
 Shout out, Mark!  Folks here in Midland don't play around with their garage sailing...our garage door opened at 7 by 7:10 we had sold all our furniture.  By 9am most all of our stuff was gone. We shut down the garage sale with a cool $875 in our pockets.

I like the busy, I like the hustle and bustle.  Our new house is just awesome and thanks to my mom, is already decorated. I know we are going to be super happy here.  This week, since I have a kitchen again, I made chili, chicken spaghetti, teryaki beef and peppers, and turkey breast with mashed potatoes and greens beans.  I will start junior league here in January and I'm waiting to hear back from the MOPS group at First Baptist.  We went to story time at Barnes in Noble on Wednesday and I'm seriously introducing myself to everyone who looks like a stay at home mom. HA! Seriously.  Just trying to be in a new place the best way I know how.

STAY POSITIVE,
KPOP


2 comments:

  1. Listen, girl, whenever I start to get all down in the dumps, I think to myself, "What would Kelly Popino do?" And then I do a cheer, finish up with a Herkie, then start kicking ass and taking names. You, my friend, are an inspiration!

    P.S. My Herkies suck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see your herkie!!! This just made my little morning. Thanks, Kel!

      Delete