Sunday, November 4, 2012

6 MONTHS

The past 6 months have been a whirlwind.  I never in a million years thought our stay with Sassy and Puff Daddy would last this long and I never EVER EVER thought our final stop at the end of this journey would be Midland!  Funny how life works out.

So, Goodbye, McKinney.  Thank you so much for being a great "in-between" home for us.  Thanks to my parents for allowing us to take over their house for 6 months and their willingness to always help out with anything and for the free babysitting.  Thanks to my mother-in-law who was always on stand by on her days off to watch the kids, run errands with us, or just hang out.  Thanks to all my precious friends who I a got to reconnect with.  Thanks to new friendships.

6 months is an eternity when your kids are the ages mine are.  Over the past 6 months they have changed so much.  Molly was just 4 weeks old when we moved here.  Now, at six months...she's eating solid food, she is super loud with her screaming (or as I like to call it, practicing her cheers!), here smiles are wide and captivating, her eyes turned blue like her brothers, she rolls from tummy to back, she drools...a lot,  she thinks everything Mark does is awesome, pink is her favorite color, she is an amazing sleeper, she loves the bumbo and the bouncer (for a short time), her favorite person is Puff Daddy, she is still our little butter bean and I can't wait to see what the next 6 months have in store for our little gem!  Mark has turned two, it is nothing short of amazing what kids can do after two.  Mark's language has really taken off he can repeat almost anything you say pretty clearly, he is just a mess.  He has a ton of energy, he loves dogs, coloring, play-doh, digging dirt, going to the park, terrorizing my parents' dogs, hitting things with golf clubs, his iPad, every time I take off his diaper he runs to the bathroom...climbs on to the toilet, pees then proclaims "YAY TEE TEE!!!"  He has worn a sheriff's hat to most public places for a solid month now, he likes going to restaurants and sitting on his sisters head.  Like Molly, the next 6 months for him should be pretty fun too!

As for me, the past 6 months...I learned how to be a mom of two, lost all my baby weight, gained upmost respect for military wives and working moms, missed Mike when he was gone, found love for Zumba, rarely cooked, rarely cleaned, shopped a lot, and missed routine.

I will forever look back on the past 6 months where we lived with my parents as a positive time in our lives. Even though, in the moment, it didn't always feel that way.  So Cheers to the past six months as we close the door to you and look forward to the next chapter of our lives in Midland!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment