Monday, September 17, 2012

Limbo and happenings

 As you all know, we are in limbo.   We have been living with my parents since June first, then we started the process of building a new house...that we were supposed to close on last Friday.

The weekend prior to that Mike took a job in Midland. I'm not upset about losing the "old" new house. FOR REAL, the second we signed on it...something just didn't feel right.  Maybe it was the stairs that shot straight down or that fact that it backed up to a major street.  A lot of the living space was upstairs when I cook and do laundry downstairs. The biggest downfall of all was that it took Mike a little over an hour to get to work and after work it was even worse.  He would leave the office at 5 and would't get home by 6:30. BIG PROBLEM.  Lesson learned. If we ever get the opportunity to move back to Dallas again we will live close to where he is working and not try to make it work by living in Mckinney just to be close to parents.  So now, for the 4th time this year we will have a different address and for the 3rd time this year we are in the process of purchasing a new home.  Hopefully we will be in this one longer than 4 months!!!


Isn't she great?!  Now, who wants to road trip to Midland?  I can't tell you how eager I am to get settled. SHEESH.  I'm ready to set up house and cook in my own kitchen, sleep in my own bed, set up sweet Molly's nursery that she was only in for 4 weeks.  I mean, I almost have to have another baby so they can be in the same nursery their whole little infant life (unless we move, again...LORD HELP ME!!!)  We close in 4 weeks. I'm ready. I'm adaptable. I'm ready to make new friends and follow my own advice once again to "BLOOM WHERE YOU'RE PLANTED".

Here are some other things going on right now: 

1.) First Cowboys home game this Sunday and we will be without kids...I plan on getting ridiculous.

2.) Mark's eczema is flared up due to his allergies and he's is scratching at it all the time, today when I went to take him out of the car to go to school he had picked a scab and had blood all over his cheek. I spit on a paper towel and wiped it off. Mother of the year.

3.)  Mike took me on a hot date to downtown Mckinney, we sat outside the wine bar.  Lucky for him, the antique store across the street stays open late on Saturday.  He bought me a giant "P" for the new digs. I like him a lot, still.

4.) I'm making crockpot Hawaiian chicken tonight for dinner. THANK YOU, PINTEREST.

5.) This weather makes me want to go buy boots in black, brown, and gray.

6.) I've been watching youtube videos on "how to make a poly deco mesh wreath".  I will be making one for my new front door.

7.) All the new furniture and fridge we bought for the first new house is ready to be delivered but now we don't have a local house for it to be delivered to. big problem. working on this.

8.)  When I went out to my car to load the brood up for mother's day out today I had a flat tire.  We had to call for some rescue (under warranty! yay). Mark was 1.5 hours late for school and my time in the infant room at the gym had past so I didn't get to go.  What a way to start off a week. WHOOMP WHOOMP!

9.) Purchased my first pumpkin spice latte of the season yesterday.

10.) Molly Popino just happened to be born with like this extra dose of beautiful. For real. She snorts when she laughs too. I'm obsessed with her!

Stay Positive- KPOP

1 comment:

  1. love the new house! once hampton adjust to his car seat...a road trip is a must! =)) happy for you friend!

    ReplyDelete